Thursday, December 10, 2009

Is bare minerals makeup any good?

I bought the fairest shade of I.D. bare minerals powder foundation today at sephora, ive heard a lot of good things about it. but also a lot of bad things. i know theres that one ingredient that causes some people to itch and break out





to be honest, im SICK and tired of trying foundations and not being satisfied with them


ive tried clinique, mac, physcians formula, loreal....and some others.





my skin is a little oily, sensitive, and ace prone. since using clean n clear products and me getting older (im almost 20) i rarely get zits now...i just have mild acne red scars that are taking a while to fade, but still i have sensitive skin





either a foudation looks too cakey, comes off to early, makes my skin dry, makes it oily, doesnt have a good texture, breaks me out, etc/





im just getting sick of it!





my favorite is between the mac mineral finish and the phsycians formula





the mac mineral finish...breaks me out a little but i like the texture and the color matches


but the physicians formula...it never breaks me out and is pretty natural..but the texture and coverage isnt great





UGH! what to do ? what to try ?Is bare minerals makeup any good?
I really liked bare minerals. A lot. I had really acne proned/dry skin, and it was the only junk around that could cover the red, without making my face cakey and gross looking with the dryness. I've also been lookin around for good make up. Sick of foundations as well.... I was staying with a friend one night, and i used some of her foundation -Revlon Colorstay. It's supposed to stay on for 16 hours, idk if that's true haha, but it does stay on all day. Great coverage. Bought some last week- and no break outs. I was impressed. Its worth a try. About $10 at drug stores.Is bare minerals makeup any good?
In my opinion, the BareEscentuals makeup line is really good. It just all depends on how you apply it.





The only problem I've had with it is the cakey-ness %26amp; the itchy-ness. But it only became cakey because I probably applied too much of that ';skin re-ver upper'; which is supposed to work as a primer I'm guessing.. which I shouldn't have because I can sometimes have oily skin. So since your skin is oily and sensitive, don't use too much of that. You'll know you've used the right amount when your face absorbed it and the application will be easy and smooth.





The ichy-ness was probably caused by the brushes that they come with. The brushes are coarse and sometimes can be too much for sensitive skin. Just be gentle. I'm not saying their brushes arent good .. just be gentle. Those brushes work perfectly with that loose foundation because the powder if very fine .. and if you use too much of a soft brush the application won't be too easy. If people still complain about it, then it's probably because they don't even clean the brushes. So make sure you give them a really good wash every week. MAC's brush cleanser is good for a spot clean, Sephora's purifying brush shampoo is good to use every week (even baby shampoo [=)





But I really like the product. Just never EVER use too much. They really mean what they say when they said you only need a little.





Since this is a mineral powder foundation, it's good for the summer. You won't be walking around with your makeup melting on your face.
Yep, im 16 and been wearing make up for about 3 years and its the only brand ive ever wore as its so gentle to the skin. Id recommend it to anyone, especially someone like you with sensitive skin. As its a powder, it doesnt cake or look oily or dry.


You have to put it on a certain way, have a look on the website for tips or watch QVC when its on.


Good luck with it and i hope its suitable for you! x
Try the Bare Minerals. It's the best make-up I've ever used. I don't even by all the other stuff anymore. I have oily and very sensitive skin and this works perfectly. I can't imagine using any other product. It won't make you break out either because it's made with only the best kind of minerals and gives you a very flawless look with a minimum about of the make-up itself and that's another reason why I like it. It takes just a few minutes to apply. So easy! You gotta at least give it a try. Another piece of advice, don't listen to other people's advice. Only you can decide what's best for you. Not to mention, it'll only frustrate you. Aloha!
uhhh.....sure!
I've been using Bare Minerals for a year and a half now. It's great. I too had break outs before using this. It's cleared a lot of it up and i hardly ever get breakouts anymore. It's natural looking.





You have to make sure you get the right shade though. If you don't like this shade, then you can bring it back to Sephora and return it. I do that for all the make up i get there that I don't like. and make sure you have the mineral veil too. Without it your BM foundation will come off quicker and you'll look shiney and dewy really fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tvs