Thursday, December 10, 2009

These makeup lines make a killing. Do you really think they are that good?

I buy certain types of makeup (eyeliner, lipstick. mascara..) at drugstore for 1/4 of the price and dont see a difference. Are they made by same company and just have their name on it? CuriousThese makeup lines make a killing. Do you really think they are that good?
About 4 years ago I started buying all my makeup from brands like Benefit and MAC and I have to honestly say that I definitely notice the difference. Of course the drugstore brands are prefect for young teen skin, but as you get that little bit older I think its much more important to invest in decent good-quality makeup.





All of the big expensive brands are multi-million dollars companies which spend a lot of money of research and development, on finding skin-friendly ingredients and the best formulas for combatting ageing, skin elastin, etc. If you think about it, no breakthrough product such as these has ever come from a drug-store brand.





I personally find that the products I now use are kinder to my skin in that the quality is better and you know, when you consider how long some of them last, they really are not that expensive at all. I'll give the examples of MAC Pigments, $19.50 %26amp; even with very regular use, a pot can last well over a year. I don't think you could say this about the quantity of any drug-store eyeshadow. Also, I use Benefit's Benetint which I use daily %26amp; it lasts me about 9 months %26amp; is $28. Again, I think you're paying for what you get.





As for whether or not the same companies make these products, no, this is not the case. High-end brands, like MAC, Benefit, Lancome, Clinique, etc etc, invest a lot into their brand names, corporate image and marketing. Their products are their lifeline and creating by-lines for drug-stores would be completely counter-productive and overall damaging to their reputation.





Hope this has been of some helpThese makeup lines make a killing. Do you really think they are that good?
sometimes.


or maybe u just dont realize that there is a difference, tho.





but even with other products (shampoos, etc.) some brand name formulas are sold as store-brand products. so u never know.
yes i really think they are good. color variety consistency how long the products stay on. the formulations are different. i buy a lot of products at the local rite aid but certain products i have to go to the department store or the sephora. mac lipglass for example
Some cheaper lines are actually owned by high end brands, for example Lancome owns L'Oreal. However, the formula does change a bit and even though some high end companies have bad products, you basically get what you pay for. Diorshow mascara is much better than most drugstores %26amp; MAC pigments are better than any drugstore eyeshadows.
  • military loans
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    tvs