Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Is paying more money for top makeup brands like clinique worth the price,or is drugstore brands just as good?

I have very sensitive and allergy prone skin,and HAVE to use pure and fragrance free products?????but im on a budget and dont wanna spend more if drugstore brands perform just as well??/Is paying more money for top makeup brands like clinique worth the price,or is drugstore brands just as good?
they all work the same! ';brand names'; like clinique do not have some ';special'; ingredient that is soo expensive and hard to find that no other brand like drugstore brands can find!


They all put the same sh*t in it. The difference is the NAME and PRICE.Is paying more money for top makeup brands like clinique worth the price,or is drugstore brands just as good?
Hands down the top brands win. You will definitely notice the difference in look, feel and staying power. However, if you've never used a drugstore product and then used a really good, quality product, you won't know the difference. Go sample some stuff and decide whether you can live with the quality of drugstore products or whether the pricey products are worth the splurge. Places like CVS have money back guarantees on their makeup even if tested and pretty much all of the high end counters will accept tested returns. They're also pretty generous with samples. So....go test!
I have sensitive skin as well. I use Lancome products, but they would be expensive.





Have you tried Drug Store brands that work for you? If you have then I would stick with those.





Do not use Clinique, it's absolutely horrible on sensitive skin. I was sold the ';Normal'; skin package even though I told the dopey sales lady I had sensitive skin and she said it would work on my skin just fine.


I used the soap, clarifying lotion and yellow moisturizer that night and I could not sleep all night. My skin was on fire all night, it felt like I had poured acid on it and I could barely wash it the next day. I couldn't put any makeup on the next morning, all I could do was pat mineral oil on my face all day to keep the skin from peeling off. It was awful.





When and if some day, you are able to afford the higher priced department store brands I would go with Lancome, I love their Renerge line of skin care.





Btw, I also can only use mineral foundation as liquid foundation makes my skin itch really badly.
For stuff like lip gloss, blush and eye makeup drug store stuff is great. If you're looking for coverup and powder though it'd probably be better to splurge and get something that matches your skin tone perfectly. I go to the Prescriptives counter in Macy's and have them make a powder that matches my skin perfectly, and then they have the recipe on file and I can pick up more whenever I need it.
i worked at cosmetics at walmart and i had a lady tell me that, it was so much more worth it to buy an $18 eyeliner from clinique then to buy a 5 or 6 dollar eyeliner from maybelline or covergirl. she said they are so much more better and last longer
I think high-end cosmetics do perform better. I like Estee Lauder for eye shadows and Merle Norman for eyeliners.





For drugstore stuff you can try Almay it's supposed to be hypoallergenic.
ya it does. because clinique is better for your skin %26amp; it wont make it dry %26amp; oily. i use it %26amp; its way better for you :)
If you use base make sure that is the only product that is high end. The rest doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tvs