Thursday, December 10, 2009

Which Drugstore makeup is good??

heyy guys(:


I need a new foundation, and a powder to seal it in.


right now I'm using ';Covergirls Clean Makeup, oil control foundation'; and on top, I've tried using physcians formula, Clinique superpowder double face makeup, and even the sephora brand mattifying powder.


none of these have seemed to work for me..my skin always tends to look awful, and uneven, even kind of reddish to side of my noses nostril.





What drugstore foundation, (and a powder to go ontop) do u reccomend??


oh I have combo skin..andi'm 15. with some freckles....





ooo and a coverup/concealer would be great to, because i'm using a CG one (its like in a lipstick sort of container..blue).


I want the makeup to last all day, with out starting to look all grosss.








Help pleaseeee??


:]


thanks soo much.Which Drugstore makeup is good??
Not to be rude, spend money on quality makeup.Which Drugstore makeup is good??
At 15 I would suggest that you go with a light-weight foundation. The last thing that you want to do at your age is wreck it with heavy, caked on makeup.





Foundation: foundation I would recommend trying Rimmel's Lasting Finish. It's light-weight, long lasting, and offers you a buildable coverage.





Powder: For a powder to set it you should use a translucent powder rather than something that is supposed to offer your coverage. For this I would recommend Wet N' Wild's mineral powder. I believe it's supposed to offer coverage but it totally doesn't and instead makes a great finishing powder and offers a nice luminious glow.





Concealer: NYX concealer in a jar. Light-weight and offers a great range of colour correcting options.
None truly they are all made with inferior quality ingredients that are Chinese which has no regulations so you are putting on your face God only knows what. This is why your blotchy or red and uneven its lack of consistency of quality control.


Look for products made in the USA that have guidelines to follow.
hhmmm.. the only drugstore makeup that works well for me is the mascara (esp maxfactor greattt stuff) everything else i like to splurge on name brand items just because the color looks better and the quality is a lot better.. do you have an outlet mall? some outlet malls have a store name cosmetic outlet something like that and they tend to carry great products @ good prices..
Physician Formula mineral powders, comes in foundations, concealers, eyeshadows it's actually good for your skin and purchase good brushes to apply it the stuff is amazing and goes on so quickly and lasts and really covers well. Try it you'll love it.
E.L.F. makeup totally rocks. It's only $1 a piece. Here's the link: http://www.eyeslipsface.com/depts.asp?de鈥?/a>
Loreal tru blend i use it it great the foundation and compact press powder easy to fine it shade to
Save up and get bare minerals. Next best thing is loreal mineral make-up.
bare minerals
I found that Rimmel's Cool Matte 16 hr Mousse Foundation was one of the first foundations that actually calmed down the oiliness of my skin. And it feels good throughout the whole day and doesnt cake. It looks natural if you don't use too much (as with most products) THen i just use NYC Smooth Skin powder on my nose lol.








I saw a girl say something about spending money on quality make up. On another board I saw, a girl kept going to Sephora and was trying to find ';non comedeogenic'; foundations, and most of the ones that they sell are not labeled as such, so its really hard to find ';quality'; foundations that wont clog your pores. I'm sure it might be a labeling issue, but if your younger and don't have the money or time to invest in that, go for the ones that are obvioulsy marked and easy to use.
I use L'Oreal ';True Match'; concealer (comes in a gloss looking tube) and foundation (comes in a bottle) and absolutely love them both. For a powder I use two different things. L'Oreal ';Bare Naturale'; powder and L'Oreal ';Hydra Perfecte'; in translucent to seal it all. I wear my make-up from morning to night and it always looks fine with these, even better than the more expensive brands I've used. Here's a few tricks I use too:


Concealer: Warm it up by using it on the back of your hand, then tap it where it needs to go - don't rub it. That'll keep it from getting the cakey look.


Foundation: Use a damp (not soaked) triangle sponge to apply it, so it goes on less dense and therefore will look more natural.


I also mix some of the translucent powder with my other to help it blend, but that's mainly because I am ghostly pale.





Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
tvs